Update as of 5/4/2020:
The state of Maine recently announced a four phase plan to "reopen". Unfortunately, the plan forbids hotels from hosting non-Maine residents until at least 7/1/2020. Therefore, we have been forced to further delay our season opening until 7/3/2020 in hopes that the additional restriction of a required 14 day quarantine for out of state residents will be lifted by then. We are anxiously awaiting a loosening of the quarantine restriction for July and August and will update those with existing reservations as soon as we know more. Once again, we truly appreciate all the support we have received to this point from all of our valued guests.
We hope this note finds you and your loved ones safe and well.
On April 1, in conjunction with other Monhegan Island business owners, the decision was made to delay our 2020 season opening until Friday, June 12, 2020.
As you can well imagine, this decision was not made lightly. However, given the current scientific predictions as well as state and/or federally imposed restrictions, we see no other feasible option.
We will, of course, continue to evaluate our plans as the days progress. It is entirely possible that a further delay may occur, as new information becomes available.
If you do have an existing reservation for this season and find it necessary to cancel or otherwise change your reservation, please contact us by phone or email (email@example.com).
Cancellation fees are being waived in light of the circumstances. If you request a refund, please understand that in some cases the process may take a bit longer than usual as we navigate our way through the various government relief programs which may become available.
Our thoughts are with all of our customers, neighbors, family, and friends as we process this new reality. We look forward to seeing you all again soon
All our best,
Sue and Holden Nelson, owners